Friday, August 04, 2006

Parking Power

Okay so I have another question for you?

You know when you park in a restricted parking area, for example a 2hr parking area, how far do you actually have to move in order to warrent not parking there any more? Can you just move your car forward, or do you need to drive further than that? Can you even stay in that area, or is it just one park in the area for the 2hrs and no more? Where do they acctually put the mark and can you check to see whether they have been?

Why do I ask? Well in the last few days there have been a few times where I have just moved my car to the park in front of mine, and Dave reckons its illegal to do that, but I don't believe him, so I am putting it out to you....

Just another thought I had

Stay tuned.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I reckon you just need to move your car so that the parking inspector can't see the chalk on your tyre that they just left. If there is no chalk, how would they know how long you've been there?..
Any more of life's mysteries you would like me to answer?

Em said...

but where is the chalk? and what if they recognise your car?

Anonymous said...

what about the electronic ones that take your number plate, if you just move your car into a different spot then you are still in the area you will still get booked

Anonymous said...

They put the chalk on your tyre. I don't know what happens if they recognise your car...that would be bad luck.
I don't know about any electronic ones that take your number plate..

Anonymous said...

I thought that you had to physically move your car to a different spot. If they did mark your tyres, then it's mighty bad luck.
Annoying I know, parking inspector Nazi's are almost as loved as ticket inspectors on public transport!

Anonymous said...

well lets just say for now that it'd be safer to move it right out of that zone!!! better to do that than cop a fine, ey? ey?

Anonymous said...

I don't think lauren counts because she doesn't have a car.