It's amazing how much power Mr Hyde has had over this blog...since stupid work is once again blocking blogspot, myspace, facebook etc. my blogs have significantly decreased. But here I am procrastinating from my study to write a blog...
As many of you may know, just recently, well its probably a little while ago now, an "Australian Citizenship Test" was introduced into the process of becoming an Australian citizen, just to ensure that new citizen's had some idea about Australian culture and history. Now the actual test isn't too bad, but it appears to be missing that lots of true blue slang and i guess you could call them "australianisms".
Many of you will also know that my boyfriend Dave is studying education at uni and while he doesn't often enjoy his classes, he was telling me about on very funny class he had that looked at this test and gave a few alternative tests as well. Once of these alternative tests was an absolute cracker, so I thought I would put some highlights (not all of it is appropriate for my G rated blog) of it on here and you can call all have a go and see how occa you really are...
1. Are these terms related: Chuck a sickie; chuck a spaz; chuck a U-ey?
2. Explain the following passage:
"In the arvo last Chrissy the relos rocked up for a barbie, some brevvies and a few snags. After a bit of a bex and a lie down we opened the pressies, scoffed all the chockies, bickies and lollies. Then we drained a few tinnies and Mum did her block after Dad and Steve had a barney and a bit of a biffo"
3. Macca, Chooka and Wanger are driving to Surfers in their Torana. If they are travelling at 100km/hr while listening to Barnsey, Farnsey and Acca Dacca, how many slabs will each person on average consume between flashing a brown eye and having a slash?
4. Complete the following Sentences:
a) If the van's a rockin' don't bother ______
b) You're going home in the back of a _______
c) Fair crack of the ______
5. I've had a gutful and I can't be fagged. Discuss
6. Have you ever been on the giving or receiving end of a wedgie?
7. Do you have a friend or relative who has a car in their front yard 'up on blocks'? Is his name Bruce and does he have a wife called Cheryl?
8. Demonstrate the correct procedure for eating a tim tam.
9. Do you have an Auntie Irene who smokes 30 cigarettes a day and sounds like a bloke?
10. When you go to a bring-your-own-meat barbie can you eat other peoples meat or are you only allowed to eat your own?
11. What purple root vegetable beginning with the letter B is required by law to included in a hamburger with the lot?
13. Is it possible to 'prang a car' while doing 'circle work'?
14. Who is the most Australian?
Kevin 'Bloody' Wilson
John 'True Blue' Williamson
15. Is there someone you are only mates with because they own a trailer or have a pool?
So there you go...did you pass?
I guess all that remains to be said is...fair dinkum, I love my country!
Philippians 3:20 "But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ"
Post a Comment