Friday, September 01, 2006

Just Slide Baby, Just Slide

Okay now I know its been a while since I last posted but I have had a very busy week, but today I just want to write about something that happened to me on

During basketball...That's right I play basketball, not well but I try...I took a stack, No I didn't get pushed or even provoked, I simply tripped on my own feet while trying to catch up to a player on the other team. So imagine this...

its just me and their girl, the rest of the teams are down the other end waiting to this girl till the ball came down and it's my job to stop the ball getting down that far...So I am running my heart out trying to catch up because it turns out that she is faster than me and I tripped on my own feet and went down. Anyway as I am falling, the only advice I have for my self is not, "STOP YOUR FALLING" but "just slide, and it won't hurt, just slide" Seriously can you believe that that's the best advice that I had for my self??? So as I hit the ground, I push my hands into the ground and propelled my self forward by pushing my hands back, then lifted my hands behind my back and pushed my head up...And let me just say I felt like the biggest tool out, but it was too late.

As I started to laugh so did the rest of the players and spectators (except for poor Dave who was embarrassed), no naturally I stood up and took a bow, walked it off and keep playing, but continuing to giggle the whole time.

When I was at school, I was told I looked a little like a penguin because apparently I waddle when I run, but as I took the step into uni I thought I had finally lost the penguin so to speak, but it turns out, that its still in me. Deep down inside, I think I will always just be a little bit like a penguin. Do you think that I will ever live it down? Or will I always be the penguin? I have a feeling its now something that I will never shake!

Just a thought I had...

Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, it was funny, but i just couldn't believe you were just sliding, i didn't see it until you had stopped and you were just lying there with you back arched backwards and hands behind you.

i'm sorry to say that the penguin will never die, particually if you kepp the 'beware of the penguin sign on your bedroom door".

Anonymous said...

Hey Em,

Twas an absolute classic! It was just so funny. I mean, most people would put their hands down to stop themselves from sliding halfway up the court and stand up and keep playing!

Not our Em... she's a Penguin through and through!

Anonymous said...

haha...I still laugh when I think about it! Classic!