Tuesday, May 29, 2007

25 years

Today is my mum and dad's 25th wedding anniversary, so I guess I want to say congratulations and thanks for sticking it out...I know as a family we have been through a lot, and you have had to put up with me for 20 years so surely thats worth something!

Anyway, i think that its pretty cool that while many of my friends families have become broken and we live in a world where thats very common, I have parents that are still together even though one of them has to live on the otherside of the world!

You guys are really commited to each other and to me, jake and dusty, and its nice that after all these years even though Dad is no longer a rebelious green haired hippie that mum wasn't allowed to date and that Mum isn't a boney maroney anymore with her oh so cool butterfly style glasses, and you are both very different in many ways from what you were when you got together, that you still love each other! I hope that one day I will have a 25th wedding anniversary, but not just that, that I will still be in love with my husband just as much as you guys are!

Congrats guys!

Love em

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Em! Part of the reason your Dad and I are still together is because of the love and support that you give us. It's been an interesting journey along the way, but we have made it to 25 years. I have to wonder what the next 25 years is going to look like.