Friday, May 25, 2007

Two Little Love Birds

First I just want to apoligise for my lack of bloging this week...for that you can blame Mr Deakin!

Anyway, I have a story for you....

Once upon a time there was a little love bird, well not just one, two little love birds because they always come in pairs you know.

No, this isn't another blog about me and Dave, this is a blog about 2 little love birds, like actual love birds.

These two little birds lived not too far away in a house in blackburn, and their names were poco and toto, now normally love birds live a very simple life, filled with love and chatter and more love, but poco and toto's lives were also filled with pain, see while poco was completely satisfied with the relationship, toto wanted more. He was constantly trying to impress his "bird" but nothing he did seemed to work, we learnt to sing a beautiful song, but nothing, he learnt how to swing on the swing, but still nothing, he learnt how to do tricks on the swing, but still nothing. Anyway, in a last attempt at happiness with his sweet heart poco, toto ripped out his pants. Yes that right, toto has become an exhibitionist, and now goes around with no pants on.

Its a true story and it disturbs me very much, well actually only the bit about him ripping out his pants is true, the rest I can't confirm because they are birds, but lets just go with it....Dave tells me the reason that he has no pants is because he really suffered from Aids, the bird variety, which is actually really sad, I don’t know how he got it, but apparently that’s what he had!

Anyway, sadly this tale has sad end! Yesterday these two little love birds died. Not just one of them, but both of them, together, so I guess in the end he did get the girl in an almost Romeo and Juliet type fashion.

I am a little sad at the passing of these two little birds because over the last 2 years I have yelled at them….a lot…they were very noisy, but its still no excuse, so they died thinking that I didn’t like them, but its not true I did like them and I will miss them, especially the one with no pants.


The world is such a funny place!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is very sad story Emma. I would love to know how the other bird died. Could it be suicide? Maybe it jumped from it's perch.. The other thing I would like to know is did the pant-less bird get any action before he died?

Dave said...

i'm really not sure about the action part, but the suicide may have been possible, it had curled up toes when i buried it.

Now i have no-one to sing along with my saxophone playing, they used to really get into it.

Well your outside now birds, so fly away like you always wanted to do, they used to fly into the side of the cage when Ness took it outside, quite funny, no wonder they died.

Anonymous said...

That's really sad Em. It's very interesting that they should die together. Well they are free now and probably enjoying themselves somewhere - who knows?

Anonymous said...

By the way that was me that made that last comment.

Em said...

thanks mum!