Monday, October 29, 2007

Death to the Silent Letters

Silent letters really bug me....I don't know why, they just do!

Maybe its becuase they are sooooo useless...they are silent so you wouldn't even notice if they weren't there anymore. All they really do is make the english even more rediculously complicated than it already is!

Don't believe me? Well read the following words, it might even help if you do it out loud...
Gnome Nome
Knife Nife
Ballet Balle
Knob Nob

Ok so they might look a little look a little werid now, but you could get used to them right? They certinally don't sound different...they are just spelt the way you think that they should be!

Seriously, I think that there needs to be boycot of all silent letters.

But the catch is, if I do that then everyone thinks that I am just a really bad speller, which is only partly true, because I am bad but not that bad...and I would have to explain it ALL the time, and quite frankly they just aren't worth it. So perhaps before I do, I need to rally some troops...are you with me...is it death to the silent letter?

Galatians 4:11 "I fear for you, that somehow I have wasted my efforts on you"

No comments: