Saturday, June 02, 2007

To The Circus!

Last night as a celebration of Ness’ 18th, I went with the George family to the circus, but not just any circus…Cirque du soleil and I tell you what it was magic, really it was. There probably aren’t many ways to describe it besides magic, but its just amazing the talent and the thought and music and art that goes into this performance its just mind bogaling!

When I was young, I used to wonder what it would be like to be in the cirus, and whther I could ever run away and join, but I decided that it wasn’t a good idea, but after watching the show last night…I might reconsider, although I don’t know what I would be in the circus, because I am not very strong, or flexible and I don’t look good in tights, so I guess that either leaves a clown or an animal, and neither of those are really appealing!

I did wonder though, how do you just join the circus? Surely you can’t just hang around at the end and just hope they’ll let you stay, are you born into the circus or do you go to some kind of circus school? Is there a Cirque du soleil circus school? Have I missed my chance? I don’t know.

But attending such a famous circus also makes me wonder if I can cross no. 36 “Go to a concert of someone famous” off my list, because the Cirque du soleil are talented and famous, and I didn’t participate in the show, but I don’t know if it was a concert…hence my new poll, so let me know what you think, as to whether it can come off the list!

oh and did you know Circue du soleil is Canadian?

Anyway even if I can’t the circus was great!

1 comment:

Dave said...

I met them on Monday night, they were speaking french so it was a little bit difficult, but they had a bit of a jam session with the band and they were good.

I thought they were Russian, obviously i was wrong again, nothing new.